The Owners’ Rights Initiative (ORI) is a diverse coalition of businesses, associations and organizations that have joined together to protect ownership rights in the United States. We believe in the fundamental premise that if you bought it, you own it, and should have the right to sell, lend or give away your personal property. ORI members are concerned about recent federal court decisions that have eroded owners’ rights. The initiative provides a unified voice for members to engage in advocacy, education and outreach around these important issues.
Listen to ORI’s members discuss why they care about owners’ rights: Download the recording of ORI’s launch conference call.
Who We Are
ORI represents a broad coalition of stakeholders who have an interest in protecting ownership rights around the world.
- American Free Trade Association
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Library Association
- Association of Service and Computer Dealers International and the North American Association of Telecommunications Dealers (AscdiNatd)
- Association of Research Libraries
- Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Goodwill Industries International
- Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
- Impulse Technology
- International Imaging Technology Council (ITC)
- Internet Commerce Coalition
- Just Between Friends
- Network Hardware Resale
- Powell’s Books
- Quality King Distributors
- Radwell International
- United Network Equipment Dealers Association (UNEDA)
- XS International
Our Structure and Leadership
ORI is an informal alliance of stakeholders who have joined together to protect ownership rights in the United States. Members work collaboratively to develop ORI’s strategic initiatives and manage the execution of ORI’s external communications, advocacy and education efforts.
Andrew Shore is the executive director of ORI. In this role, he serves as the primary spokesperson for the coalition and coordinates ORI’s activities with the direction and support of ORI’s members. He also ensures coalition compliance with U.S. laws and requirements. Mr. Shore is a partner at the law firm of Jochum Shore & Trossevin. Hillary Brill is the Deputy Executive Director. Jonathan Band is the Counsel for ORI. Marguerite Trossevin is the International Trade Counsel. Michael Katz is the Director of Government Relations.
ORI receives direct financial and in-kind support from its members to help fulfill its mission to protect and advocate for robust ownership rights in the United States. To join ORI please contact Andrew Shore at email@example.com